Pages

Sunday, February 20, 2011

Birthday Dress Complete!

It's really shiny in the sunlight and keep in mind the dummy is not wearing her bra.

Front, with a wide boat neck.
Side. The side seams doesn't match up because I used one big strip of fabric and The Ruffler to gather the skirt. Oh well, who will notice but me?
The back has a V neck.
I put in the zipper by hand, and the puckers are much less obvious in reality. I can't even envision how ugly it would have been if I had tried it on the machine!!
I attached shiny green ribbon and hemmed it by hand; it took one episode of Rome.
I am going to add bra strap carriers, like on the yellow dress. With the wide neck, it will be very beneficial. The Fray Check is drying right now, but I will try to finish them today.

Next, I am making a skirt.

9 comments:

  1. Your birthday dress is so pretty and I love the color! I can't wait to see a photo of you wearing it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks fantastic! I love the color and you did a great job on the zipper.

    What is the Ruffler? Sounds awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome dress! I too am wondering what the ruffler is? Is it like a gathering foot?

    ReplyDelete
  4. yeah, it's an attachment. here is a video from youtube, and the title says it all http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q5F3VT572IE&feature=related

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Birthday! What a beautiful dress - such a pretty color :)))

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome colour, and I love the way the back neckline dips. Happy Birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOVELY! I love the neck on this dress! It will look fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Aren't v-backs delicious? Happy birthday and glad you shared the lovely dress :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your thoughts and feedback!