Pages

Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Sewing Club

With a 26th student in my honor's class, my room was getting really crowded. Well, crowded if I want to keep the desks in partners, which I do. So I got rid of my filing cabinet, and I wanted to get rid of my big cabinet too, which has all the sewing stuff in it. The principal agreed to let the sewing club use a room that is only used for lunch detentions.

Today we moved all of the stuff up there, and I brought the Necchi machine to school. I had a hard time threading it, which of course made the girls ask me why I couldn't do it. LOL, it's not my machine I use normally, I just bought it for sewing club. I did get it threaded and it works, but I can't figure out how to get it off of a zig zag. Oh well.

I think it is the perfect machine for learning to sew (minus the exquisitely complicated threading system) because it is so old that it only goes medium slow when the knee pedal is pushed to its limit. No girls will sew over their fingers! (knock on wood)

We are still working on pajama shorts, and I guess we will finish them after the new year. Wish us luck, they definitely need it!

3 comments:

  1. The necchi sounds complicated, most machines are kind of a mystery to thread but there should be some obvious knob to turn to change the stictch back and forth. GOOD LUCK sewing the pajama pants!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So many wonderful dresseswedding dress australia waiting for your option,afterpay wedding dress do you want to be a beautiful lady?please choose us,bridesmaid dresses adelaideyou will love these dresses in our website.cheap wedding dresses australia

    ReplyDelete
  3. Are you need or like Wedding Dresses,hippie wedding dresses canadaif you need or like and welcome , here you can find best dresses for your big day!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your thoughts and feedback!