Pages

Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Gardening update!

This weekend Andrew and I fixed up the garden in the back. I did weeding and Andrew did the dirt-turning, back-breaking stuff. The person who lived here before us build three big raised beds and had a concrete planter, so that's where I planted all the viney stuff that needs a lot of space.
This involved a lot of leaf raking. They're just in piles because there was no room in the garbage.
These beds have pumpkins, zucchini, watermelon, cantaloupe and honeydew. I love melon!
This one has horseradish, carrots and bell peppers.
I also swept the stairs and cut back the bamboo, so you don't get slapped in the face every time you use them.

Balcony update:
My lemons are the size of golf balls!
Everything has sprouted except for the strawberries. It might be too late in the season for them here. I'm giving them until Friday before I rip them up and plant something else.

1 comment:

  1. I love that you and Andrew are gardening! Can't believe that your seeds sprouted so fast, not like cool, rainy Pacific NW.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your thoughts and feedback!