Pages

Saturday, July 25, 2009

My Quilt

This was probably my first big sewing project. I made myself a quilt the summer before I went to college, so in 2002. It has held up pretty well, since I use it most of the time.


It's a double Irish chain, I think. Full or twin, I can't remember. Probably twin, since it was a dorm bed. It was one of those awesome slice and dice quilts, so I really slapped it together pretty quickly.

That's a view of the whole thing, with the corner flipped up to see the
purple backing. It's tied, not quilted for real.



Here's a close-up of the fabric. The white has a faint leaf pattern. The dots are black and white. The flowers are in bright colors: blue, pink, purple and green.




Seven years and many washings later, it has held up very well. The seams have come apart in a few tiny places, but that is to be expected with the way I slap sewing projects together.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your thoughts and feedback!